Lanny Potter details and Walkstarter FAQ
- Pledge Form (English/Spanish) - Due Nov 3 with all cash and checks collected.
- Pre-Order Form (English/Spanish)
- Volunteer Online (thank you!) - Click here
- Information Newsletter (English/Spanish) - Helpful information
- Supervision Form - (English/Spanish) Due Oct 13. ALL students must turn in this signed document..
- Kinder/TK Letter - (English/Spanish)
It takes about 120 volunteers to make this event happen! Even if you can’t volunteer during the event, or only have an hour, we can use your help. You can contact our volunteer coordinator Rhazel by email at email@example.com. Or simply fill in the paper volunteer form from the Walkathon Packet and bring to the office, or child's teacher. Or you can sign up online.... Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
What do I need to know?
Walkstarter is our new online pledge system found at landels.walkstarter.org. This system will allow our students to request and collect pledges from friends and family who would like to pay online with a credit card. Each child can create a custom avatar and web page to share with potential donors via email or social media. Donors simply click the link and make a pledge in a few easy steps. Parents and kids can monitor progress toward their fundraising goals and easily send thank-you emails from the site. Walkstarter is private and secure, so no one can get to your child’s page unless they have your unique URL.
Walkstarter was created and first used in 2013 for the Walkathon Fundraiser at Stevenson Elementary in Mountain View, California. After two years of considerable success at Stevenson, it has been shared with the other schools in our District. Landels is lucky to be one of them! Our immense thanks to the parents at Stevenson Elementary, who graciously led and enabled our multi-school rollout in 2015.
Google offers password recovery service. Just click the “I forgot my password” phrase to have a temporary one emailed to you.
No. Donors simply click the link that you share with them to be guided through a few simple screens to make a payment. (This URL link is created after you complete step 3, “Publish”.) Or, they can donate on the front page at landels.walkstarter.org (as shown in image below) and simply place the student name in the correct area as shown. We will make sure that money gets to the student’s account. (This might take a few days.)
Excellent question. There are a few ways to find and share your URL….
1. Go to landels.walkstarter.org and then “My Walkstarter” found at the top of the page, then click on the “View” button, and share your link with the buttons provided (see icons below under “share page”)
2. Simply log in to “My Walkstarter” and click the View button, then click on the address bar. You should see something like this and copy it so you may paste elsewhere:
3. login to your walkstarter page and click the page/lock icon (the left icon on the image below). This will copy the url so you may paste it anywhere.
Login to your Walkstarter page and click on the “edit” button next to the account you wish to change. All students created under one gmail will appear.
If financial donations have come in via your child’s page, we will need to leave it live until all accounting for this year’s Walkathon is complete. After that time, our Walkstarter leads can delete the page. If no donations have come in from that page, the Walkstarter leads can delete it right away. Please make that request via the Support button on the top right side of any Walkstarter page.
Yes. In the per-lap pledge section, there is a space where you can set a maximum dollar amount to donate. This ensures you won’t be surprised if the student greatly exceeds his or her lap goal.
Yes, they will receive a confirmation email, with Landels’ tax ID listed, for tax purposes.
Your student will receive an email confirmation whenever a pledge is given to their Walkstarter page. The donors are also listed under the “My Walkstarter” page, just click on “donors” and you will see the individual items.